Friday 4 July 2014

when i feel u

I Feel My Heart Breaking

I feel your arms

wrapped around me so tight,

I feel your body,

snuggled next to mine

in the middle of the night.


I feel your breath

on the back of my neck,

I feel your sweet soft lips,

kiss me with a gentle peck.


I feel, NO! Wait,

I cannot feel,

it is all too real.


I awaken in a panic,

look around and

you aren't really there.

But I know it was real,

I felt your hands run through

my hair.


I feel something more now,

I must return

to my dream, somehow.

Please, oh please, still be there,

I am coming back, I swear!

This is the only place

I can hold you,

feel you, touch you.


I can't find you now,

why did you go?

I asked you to stay,

I was on my way.

I must have taken too long.

Where did I go wrong?


I must now put my dreams aside,

Wake up and realize

that you really have died.

I have tried so hard

to hide behind,

all the silent tears

I have cried.


I feel you are still here,

I feel your presence

when you are near.

I feel your loving arms,

holding me while

I dream.


A place I feel safe,

without wanting to scream.

I feel your lips gently touch mine,

as you say good-bye.

I feel my heart breaking

once again,

and I start to cry.


As you fade further away

Into the light ray,

I can hear you say,

"I love you, and we will

meet again, someday."

No comments:

Post a Comment